- abbr. gross domestic product.
* * *nounthe measure of an economy adopted by the United States in 1991; the total market values of goods and services produced by workers and capital within a nation's borders during a given period (usually 1 year)• Syn: ↑gross domestic product• Hypernyms: ↑value
* * *abbreviationgross domestic product herein
* * *gross domestic product.
* * *abbrevGross domestic product
* * *gross domestic product: the total value of the goods and services that a country produces in a year, not including income received from money invested in other countriesThesaurus: economy and economicshyponymSee also: GNP
* * *GDP (no periods),gross domestic product.
* * *abbr. gross domestic product
* * *abbrgross domestic product
* * *GDP [GDP] [ˌdʒiː diː ˈpiː] [ˌdʒiː diː ˈpiː] nounthe abbreviation for ‘gross domestic product’ (the total value of all the goods and services produced by a country in one year)
Useful english dictionary. 2012.